Exceptional Surgical Expertise and Care
Huntington Veterinary Hospital excels in veterinary surgery. From routine procedures like dental and spay or neuter procedures to sophisticated orthopedic procedures.
We have specific expertise in ACL repair utilizing TPLO and TTA (tibial tuberosity advancement) techniques. Many nearby veterinary hospitals refer their patients to us for orthopedic surgeries.
Our team of professionals provide a safe and comfortable experience for your pet. We also offer attentive and caring hospitalization and post-operative care.
What to Expect
Fridays are reserved for surgery. All animals stay overnight to aid healing and recovery (except feline neuters who may go home the same day). HVH is equipped to provide excellent hospitalization care:
- Heated cages
- Intravenous infusion pumps
- Syringe pumps
- Oxygen cages
We believe in effective pain management and provide the best possible pain control available, including a full array of injectable medications.
Saturday mornings are dedicated to surgical discharges. We make sure all our clients go home with a clear understanding of post-operative care, including medications.
Our Surgical Suite
Our surgical suite and equipment rivals that of many specialty hospitals and is equipped with:
- Laminar flow circulation
- HEPA filtered warming units
- Human grade anesthetics and monitoring
- Mechanical ventilation
- Laparoscopy and laser technology
Types of Surgery Performed:
- Mass removals
- Wound repair
- Laser ablation
- Gall bladder
- Urinary and bladder
- Intestinal (obstruction, neoplasia, biopsy, resection, subtotal colectomy; splenectomy, etc.)
- Internal reconstruction enucleation
- Lateral ear resections
- Eyelid tumors
- MLP all grades
- CCLR (TPLO, TTA, Tightrope, swivel-lock, corkscrew, lateral flabella)
- Hips (TPO, DPO, FHO, Luxation reduction)
- Herniated disks (cervical, thoracolumbar, lumbosacral)